II International Whisking Conference
20 places left. Registration
Traditional whisking has ever belonged to Nordic European style of sweat bathing. Lithuanian Bath Acdemy has made tremendous effort to return the ancient art of whisking to our national bath. Whisking was one of the major tpics in the last two Sauna Congresses. A lot of other whisking events has also taken place in Lithuiania, Latvia, Russia during last 12 years. Whisking has undergone fast development and has been re-introduced in a number of steam bathing places. And of course a large number of people has learned and are still actively learning this ancient technique of bodywork.
Lithuanian Bath Academy and Association of Professional Bath Masters organize this Conference in order to keep track of eventual development of contemprary professional and ammateur whisking. To share knowledge about whisking. To discuss and define appropriate whiking terms and definitions. To promote whisking in countries where it is still a novelty.
Goals of the Conference
To keep track of eventual development of contemprary professional and ammateur whisking. To share knowledge about whisking. To discuss and define appropriate whiking terms and definitions. To promote whisking in countries where it is still a novelty. We expect to cover following topics:
- Current situation with whisking in various countries
- Definition and types of whisking
- Whisking terminology
- Ethics of whisking
- Whisking alternatives
- Whisking safety
- Recent medical studies
- Self whisking
- Group whisking
- Requirements for whisking room
- Whisking and steaming microclimate
- Teaching and qualification of whiskers
- Recommendations for organizing whisking services
- The future of whisking
Similar event - I-st International Whisking Conference was organized by Lithuanian Bath Academy in 2014 June in Trakai, Lithuania.
During Conference pirtis excursions you will be able to experience the art of Lithuanian pirtis masters
Kaunas, 25-27 th of July, 2019
25th of July, Thursday. Gather together.
15.00-17.00 Registration of participans. Exhibition of whisks and bath gadgets.
17.00 - 17.30 Short opening speaches.
17.30-18.00. Short self-introduction of presenters and important guests.
18.00-19.00 Free time. Tea, snacks, Lithuanian music and films.
19.00-23.00 [P1] Welcome to the steam. Lithuanian steam bath for all participants.
26th of July, Friday. Presentations.
9.00 - 10.30. [T1] Oral and visual presentations.
10.30-11.00. Communication brake. Tea, coffee. Whisking art presentation.
11.00-12.30. [T2] Oral and visual presentations.
12.30-13.30 Lunch and non formal communication.
13.30-15.00 [D1] Dry practical whisking presentations.
15.00-15.30. Brainstorming brake.
15.30-17.00 [D2] Dry practical whisking presentations.
17.00-18.30 Light dinner. Free time. Non formal communication.
18.30-19.00 [P2] Welcome ritual in Lithuanian pirtis.
19.00 - 19.30 [P3] Group whisking. Interactive presentation.
20.30-23.00 [P4] Whisking International. Interactive presentation of masters from different countries.
23.00-00.00 Late nate snacks, fun, music.
27th of July, Saturday. Conclusion.
8.00-9.00 Breakfast. Announcing of the pirtis excursions.
9.00-10.00 [T4] Overview of brainstorming results.
10.00-11.30 [T5] Discussion on therminology and definitions.
11.30-12.00 Free time, coffee, tea.
12.00-12.30 [T6] Conclusions.
12.30-13.00 Awards. Photos. Hugs and kisses.
13.00 - Depart for local pirtis excursions.
Real experience and some teaching in hot pirtis - [P]
P1. Self whisking tryout.
P2. Welcome ritual.
P3. Group whisking.
P4. Masters from different countries
Verbal and visual topics and presentations [T]
1. Current situation with whisking in various countries
2. Definition and types of whisking
3. Whisking terminology
4. Ethics of whisking
5. Whisking alternatives
6. Whisking safety
7. Recent medical studies
8. Self whisking
9. Group whisking
10. Requirements for whisking room
11. Whisking and steaming microclimate
12. Teaching and qualification of whiskers
13. Recommendations for organizing whisking services
14. The future of whisking
Dry practial presentations [D]
Live examples of the main whisking techniques and methods. Main topics:
1. Light techniques
2. Whisking and massage
3. Full whisking
4. Whisking ergonomics
5. Intensive techniques
6. Bodywork techniques
Participants are granted accomodation in a shared sleeping room with shared showers and toilets. Accomodation also includes breakfast.
Photos of the facilities are on the Broliu mene pirtis page.
Post Conference events
We undertstand that during your stay in Lithuania you may want to learn more from our bath masters. This is why we offer impertant additional post-conference educational events and seminars. All these require additional registration.
1. 27th of July. Genuine Lithuania steam bath experience. You will be able to register to professional stem bath procedures, held by Lithuanian bath masters.
2. 28th of July. Introduction to the healthy sweat bath. 1 day practical course about traditional Lithuanian steam bath procedure.
3. 28th of July. Whisking master class. Individual whisking master class for those already experienced in whisking.
4. 29-30 of July. Intensive course of steam bath phytotheraphy. For everybody whe is deeply interested in rich tradition of medicine plants usage in sauna. (Participation requires initial knowledge about traditional steam bath or at least completing of Introductory course on 28th of July).
Who can participate
The Conference is planned as professional meeting of well known bath masters, whiskers and steam bath researchers. Therefore registration Commitee makes the decision who is invited to register as PRESENTER. If you are interested in making a presentation you should request us by e-mail info[et]bath.academy and we discuss your proposal and give clear answer.
Whisking students and tourists
The Conference is planned also as steam bath education event, so you can register as student or tourist and enjoy your stay in one of the best Lithuanian steam bath - PIRTIS in the the company of clearly the best whiskers and bath Masters from Lithiania, Latvia, Finland and other countries. In you are interested in attending - please just register on this page (or if you are already bath.academy page subscriber - on your activity page). You can also contact us by e-mail info[et]bath.academy.
Registration in final upon paying registration fee 50€.
95€. During registration 45€ has to be payed in advance. The rest of the sum is due to be payed upon arrival.
The price includes
- Full participation on Get together pirtis evening on July 25th
- Full participation on Main presentation day on July 26th
- Participation in education sauna event on July 26th
- Participation in brainstorming and closing of the Conference on July 27th
- Accomodation on 25th and 26th in a shared room
- Breakfast and lunch
- Providing access to Conference materials after the event.
We will offer excellent opportunities for learning more bout traditional Lithuanian pirtis (sauna) and whiskings and plants. For those who need to leave earlier - there still will be opportunity to experience well tailored steam bath procedures lead by Bath masters from Association of professional bath masters.
Traditional sauna procedures. July 27 th evening.
July 27th evening. We will take you to our pirtis evenings directly from Conference. The list of offers is coning soon...
Healthy steam bath basics course. July 28th.
July 28th. Sunday.
On the next day after the Conference we organize a separate event - official sauna masters introductory course for those seriously interested in bath mastership. More about Steam bath ABC course.
Participation require separate registraction on the Steam bath ABS event page.
Professional course of bath phytotherapy. July 29-30th
This is typical course of special studies organized only in summertime. It is targeted for those interested in professional use of different plants in traditional sauna procedures. The course lasts 2 days in summer sauna camp.
Short content of the course:
Day one. Different whisks and how to make them.
- Excursion in the nature. Identifying different sauna plants. Safe picking.
- Various methods of binding whisks. Whisk conservation and keeping.
- Overview of botanical features of the main plants used in sauna.
- Creative use of different whisks. Whisks for hot and mild whisking, rubbing and compressing. Cosmetic whisks, aromatic whisks, whisks for sensual meditations.
Day two. Plant rituals in sauna.
- Trees and herbs in mythology of different nations. Energy and subtle properties of the plants.
- Intuitive picking of the plants. Meditations with plants.
- Distilation. Cosmetic remedies. Ritual whisks.
Intuitive, subtle and ritual whisking. Our relation to plants. Body rituals with plants.
Ask a question
Please login to ask question