Busting Sauna Myths
Date: 2020-04-23, 19:00
Organizer : Lithuanian Bath Academy
Thermal bathing (sauna, pirtis, banya or whatever…) is very old and very popular tradition. Every country and every society have their own traditions and habits, and it is always interesting to try different styles and ideas. There is no “right” or “wrong”, “better” or “worse” bathing. On the other hand, our bodies are universal… as well, as mistakes we sometimes do!
Traditional steam bath with birch leaf whisks.
We invite you to take a new look to old habits, ideas and stereotypes. In this free workshop, we’ll discuss:
- Is Finish sauna really Finish, and Russian banya very extreme?
- What is the difference between PIRTIS and PIRTS?
- Is +120⁰C in sauna two times better than +60⁰C?
- To drink, or not to drink?… (That is the question – beer, vodka or water?)
- When more for the same price is worse?
The meeting will start 7 PM GMT, 9PM Eastern Europea time on this page. You will have to login to the page to be able to see it.